Sunday, February 7, 2010

Are all clear tail lights illegal in Pennsylvania?

I've been searching on the internet and I find that the law varies from state to state. Some states have specific wording that tail lights must have so much red reflective material on them, which would make all clear tail lights illegal while others don't have any such wording. I wasn't able to find anything specific in Pennsylvania so if anyone knows, I would appreciate it.Are all clear tail lights illegal in Pennsylvania?
Generally If the state law is not color specific, they would be legal. However Federal law, United States Code Title 38 I believe, The Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards require that all automobile taillights be red in color and be seen from a certain distance as well as many other parameters. Fortunately, state police do not enforce federal law, and Uncle Sam isn't interested.Are all clear tail lights illegal in Pennsylvania?
God, you must be really bored!





I hope you are doing school work or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment